Chowder is a cat-bear-rabbit creature in the show of the same name. He lives in Mung Daal's Catering where he is a chef's apprentice. Chowder is the second charcter to be unlocked in Story Mode.
- Neutral: Chow Combo - 3DS version: Does two alternating kicks ending with a headbutt. XL version: Does a headbutt, belly bop, then a flip kick.
- Up: Tongue Flip - Licks upward.
- Charge Attack Side: Stench Blast - Chowder burps a damaging cloud forward with a set range.
- Charge Attack Up: Tongue Scoop - A stronger version of his up attack.
- Charge Attack Down: Stench Bomb - Same as the Side Charge Attack, but burps downward instead for a small explosion.
- Aerial Neutral:
- Aerial Side:
- Aerial Up:
- Aerial Down:
- Neutral: Kimchi Throw - Tosses Kimchi forward a fair distance, making it bounce off foes. Causes a fart sound effect.
- Side: Inhale - Works like Kirby's inhale move from Super Smash Bros., but Chowder can't copy abilities. Deals 15% damage. In Story mode, some enemies are instantly defeated.
- Up: Chowder Spin - Spins with Kimchi upward in a purple aura. Used as a third jump/recovery move.
- Down: Kimchi Slam - Smashes Kimchi on the ground below him causing a dirty-colored quake around him. Causes a fart sound effect.
- Punch Time Explosion: Pepper Breath - Chowder sees a large chili pepper and eats it. But the pepper is very spicy, thus causing Chowder to belch a stream of fire, causing damage to anyone who's in front of him. In the 3DS version, he instead, finds a wad of ingredients to toss into a boiling pot, but eats it all up, then burps all around him.
- Synergy: Chowder's Synergy Partner is Madame Foster. She offers him a giant plate of cookies and Chowder eats it all. This makes him look like a giant ball that Madame Foster rolls on, causing damage to anyone who is hit.